This is from a rigorous study for five months last year in southern Brazil. It quantifies the effectiveness of ivermectin when it is used as a prophylactic (that is, preventatively).
The 159,000 participants took ivermectin at a dose of 0.2mg/kg/day for two consecutive days, every 15 days. Some stuck “strictly” to that regime but some were “sporadic” users (took at least a third of a minimal full coverage).
Results (p levels omitted):
- Of the 7,345 cases of COVID-19, 3,034 occurred in non-users, 1,627 in sporadic users, and 289 in strict users, while the remaining cases occurred in the intermediate levels of ivermectin use. Strict users were older and non-significant higher prevalence of type 2 diabetes and hypertension. …
- Hospitalization rate was reduced by 100% in strict users, compared to non-users and to sporadic users …
- Hospitalization rate was 35% lower among sporadic users than non-users….
- Mortality rate was 90% lower in strict users compared to non-users and 79% lower than in sporadic users, while sporadic users had a 37% reduction in mortality rate compared to non-users.
- Risk of dying from COVID-19 was 86% lower among strict users than non-users and marginally significant, 72% lower than sporadic users, while sporadic users had a 51% reduction compared to non-users.
Non-use of ivermectin was associated with a 10-times increase in mortality risk and 7-times increased risk of dying from COVID-19, compared to strictly regular use of ivermectin in a prospectively collected, strictly controlled population.
The data are in, prophylactic use of ivermectin saves lives.
Research and clinical practice show that using re-purposed drugs for Covid-19 have huge benefits. These include multi-drug, multi-staged treatments for Covid-19 disease that prevent severe disease, decreases hospitalization rates and decreases death.
It is time our government and state licensing board recognize this and let physicians practice medicine.
Malone then linked to a post of ours from December:
The post compares countries that used vaccines or ivermectin, and did or did not close borders. The differences in health outcomes are immense.
Different policies, different health outcomes. Even a bureaucrat could work it out, eventually.
Meanwhile, Pfizer must be very pleased with themselves — producing the most widely used treatment in history!
Politically, vaccines in the west are too big to fail — yet they are. There is only so much you can cover up with propaganda and voodoo statistics.
Other popular posts on ivermectin:
- Indonesia proves ivermectin works
- Ivermectin Safety Profile
- Ivermectin Wins in India
- Ivermectin and Cancer
- The Covid Vaccines Have Failed
- El Salvador distributes medical packages that include ivermectin.
- Indiana life insurance CEO says deaths are up 40% among people ages 18-64.
The Brazilian study in this post shows that regular ivermectin provides about 90% protection from covid, about the same as the vaccines during their honeymoon periods. But we can keep taking ivermectin for months or years without any waning of protection (our family takes the 0.2mg/kg/day above every 4 – 5 days). And ivermectin is one of the safest drugs around, with almost zero harmful side effects.
Vaccines are failing in many ways. Worst of all, they seem to decrease general immunological protection, perhaps due to a fatigue factor. This means that there won’t be fifth or sixths jabs, except in the most stubborn bureaucratic states. The world is going to have to turn to anti-virals, and that mainly means ivermectin.
(This study was also covered by Joanne in early January.)
hat-tip Scott of the Pacific