The Strange Result of the UK Vaccination Program
by David Archibald
14 October 2021
The Israeli covid vaccination statistics are notable for the short period that the vaccines were at least partially effective. The UK statistics are even more alarming. They suggest that the vaccinated have a worse health outcome than the unvaccinated.
In the graph above, the vaccinated and unvaccinated are separated by age group. In the under 18 cohort, the vaccinated have a much lower rate of infection than the unvaccinated, which would be expected. In the following cohort the gap between infection rates is much lower.
But then in every age group thereafter, the vaccinated have a higher rate of covid infection than the unvaccinated. The vaccinated in the 40 to 49 year-old cohort having an infection rate 86% higher than the unvaccinated. This is not how vaccines are supposed to work. In all age groups the hospitalisation and death rates are higher for the unvaccinated than the vaccinated.
About 10% of covid cases become ‘long covid,’ and the patients concerned are termed ‘long haulers’. For the 40-49 age group, there would be an extra 56 longer haulers per 100,000 of population every three weeks compared to the unvaccinated group. In terms of the total health outcome, this would offset the higher near term death rate of the unvaccinated. It is quite possible that the net health effect of vaccination is negative. And it is also possible that every booster short reinforces this negative outcome.
The vaccines have been disappointing. Nevertheless the UK authorities are persisting with vaccination, just as they are with decarbonisation.
By comparison, the Chicoms are intent on eradicating the virus in China. They are building vast quarantine stations to that end.
Quarantine for 5,000 overseas arrivals, Guangzhou.
The Chicom advice to the rest of the world, from China CDC director Gao Fu, re covid is:
- China will reach 85+% vax rate and can start opening up borders in early 2022.
- SARS-CoV-2 will increasingly resemble influenza in its lethality and circulation thanks to vaccination and (Gao Fu believes) attenuation; the main difference will be lack of seasonality.
- Even if we want to eliminate the virus, SARS-like annihilation is no longer an option.
- The fight with SARS-CoV-2 will be protracted. Gao Fu asks: “Is there any other option than to coexist with it?” The weapons in this fight will be increasing and improved vaccination, new treatments, and individual NPIs (masks, distancing, hand-washing). No hint of quarantine.
- NPIs (nonpharmaceutical interventions) will be dynamically introduced when risk increases, to lower the risk of breakthrough infections. Interestingly, he is concerned that his remarks will be quoted out of context by antivaxxers, opponents of opening, and opponents of “reduction to influenza”.
As usual with the Chicoms, these are all lies and misdirection. With respect to covid, we should do what they do, not what they say.
When the US Secretary of State met his Chicom counterpart in Alaska in March this year, the Chicoms appeared “so confident that the United States is in decline that they are pushing the limits and unsettling the Asian operating system.”
What would make the Chicoms so confident that the United States is in decline when they have a raft of their own problems? It would be the ‘let it rip’ attitude to covid in the United States.
David Archibald is the author of The Anticancer Garden in Australia