USA: Secret police and DOJ unleashed on the political opposition. By Tucker Carlson.
No honest person could believe that the raid on Donald Trump’s home last week was a legitimate act of law enforcement. It was not. Even the Biden administration didn’t really bother to pretend otherwise. The official explanations that we have heard for the raid make no sense at all. …
Despite superficial appearances, the raid of Mar-a-Lago was not an act of law enforcement. It was the opposite of that. It was an attack on the rule of law. It was a power grab.
As Matt Boose put it recently, in American Greatness, the raid on Trump’s home “was exactly what it looks like, a show of force against the opposition leader by the head of state and his personal bodyguards. If this happened in, any other country would immediately be denounced as the act of a dictator.”
That’s true, but it’s hard to hear those words anyway. As an American, you don’t want to believe it and yet here are the essential facts. The same week the Biden White House announced that Joe Biden will definitely seek a second term as president, the same week, the Biden Justice Department launched an armed raid against Biden’s main rival in that same presidential election. That’s what happened. Pause for a minute. If The New York Times told you that something like that was going on in Chad or the Gambia, what would your reaction be?
You’d probably say to yourself, “Thank God I don’t live in a place like that, a country where politicians used armed men to cling to power.” Oh, but you do live in a country like that. You do. The evidence is all around us. We just don’t want to see it. …
Over the last 18 months, virtually every significant figure in the orbit of Donald Trump has been swept up by Merrick Garland at Department of Justice. Their homes raided, their personal communications seized and leaked to the media. Some have been arrested and thrown in jail. Donald Trump’s lawyers are the primary targets.
- Today, the DOJ subpoenaed Eric Herschmann. He represented Trump during the first impeachment. Herschmann never worked in the White House counsel’s office. The Biden administration is going after him anyway because he gave legal advice to his client, Donald Trump. That used to be allowed. People used to be allowed to have lawyers and speak to them privately, but it’s not allowed anymore. That’s why the CIA seized attorney client records from Mar-a-Lago.
- It’s also why the DOJ is now directly targeting Trump’s most prominent personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani.
- For years, the feds have been going after Giuliani’s associates, including a man called George Dickson. Dickson was working on a documentary about Hunter Biden. Last year, the FBI raided his home in California. The feds also broke into Giuliani’s own apartment, as well as his office in New York.
- Then the FBI targeted a Giuliani associate called Igor Fruman because he dug up evidence of misconduct by Joe Biden in Ukraine. They sent Fruman to prison.
- Then the FBI seized the phone of prominent conservative attorney Victoria Toensing. She’d worked with Giuliani in 2020 to investigate election fraud. They raided her home. Today, the DOJ announced that Giuliani himself is a target of a federal investigation. Why exactly? Well, because like Toensing and so many others who were now under investigation or under arrest, Giuliani questioned the 2020 election outcome, in this case, in the state of Georgia. Really? Questioning the election outcome in the state of Georgia? Isn’t that something Stacey Abrams has made a career of doing? Yes, but Republicans no longer have that right.
- Not long ago, more than a dozen federal agents swooped in for a pre-dawn raid on former Trump official Jeff Clark. They left him on the street in his underwear for maximum humiliation.
- Then they seized John Eastman’s phone. Eastman was also a Trump attorney. He was approached by six agents at a restaurant in New Mexico while having dinner with his wife. They patted him down and forced him to provide facial biometric data to unlock his phone.
- Then the DOJ tried the same thing with Steve Bannon’s lawyer, Bob Costello, trying to force him to surrender his privileged phone and email records….
- The FBI has shackled former Trump official Peter Navarro as he was boarding a flight at Reagan National Airport. He was handcuffed, denied food and water, refused permission to make a phone call to his lawyer.
- Then because that wasn’t terrifying enough, Biden’s FBI went after a sitting congressman perceived as too close to Trump. His name was Congressman Scott Perry. A day after the Mar-a-Lago raid, the feds seized Congressman Perry’s phone while he was traveling with his family. They could have called his lawyer and set up something. They didn’t bother. That just nabbed him in front of his family and these are the prominent victims of this crackdown on civil liberties being conducted by the Biden administration. …
We could go on and on and on. The point is, all of this is illegal. It violates the First Amendment and violates long-established attorney-client privilege, but it’s happening right in front of us a lot. …
Trump’s supporters too:
In the wake of the January 6 election justice protests, more than 900 people have been arrested and charged with crimes arising from that day, 900, almost all of them nonviolent, almost all of them with no previous criminal record. More than 50 of them have been sentenced to prison so far, including one with terminal cancer. Her crime? Walking around the Capitol building for a few minutes and that’s just the beginning. There are another 500 cases to go. In fact, the DOJ is getting under $34 million, another 130 more employees, just to handle all those cases from January 6, from the election justice protests, which is what they were.
Dumbed-down, tribal politics. Throwing political opponents in jail was last seen in the English-speaking world around 1700. Pray we don’t regress to medieval politics anytime too soon, but the direction of the “progressive people” is clear enough.
hat-tip Stephen Neil