A new Heartland Institute and Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 48% of voters favor President Joe Biden’s plan to impose a COVID-19 vaccine mandate on the employees of large companies and government agencies. …
Forty-eight percent (48%) are opposed to Biden’s vaccine mandate, including 40% who Strongly Oppose the mandate.
Voters are similarly divided over the federal government’s top COVID-19 expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci. Forty-five percent (45%) view Fauci favorably, including 28% who have a Very Favorable impression of him.
Forty-eight percent (48%) have an unfavorable impression of Fauci, including 34% who have a Very Unfavorable view of him. …
Stacey Lennox, on details of the polling:
A healthy majority, 78%, of Democrats support COVID vaccine mandates, which would force people out of their jobs if they choose not to receive a vaccination. … A majority of Democrats support harsher measures for those who decide not to receive a vaccine that can’t prevent transmission or illness:
- 55% support fines for those who do not receive the vaccine.
- 59% support a policy that would keep the unvaccinated confined to their homes except for emergencies.
- 48% think federal and state governments should be able to fine or imprison individuals who publicly question the efficacy of the existing COVID-19 vaccines on social media, television, radio, or in online or digital publications.
- 45% favor governments requiring citizens to temporarily live in designated facilities or locations if they refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine.
- 47% favor a government digital tracking program for those who won’t get the COVID-19 vaccine to ensure that they socially distance and quarantine. …
- 29% would agree to take your children if you refuse to get the Fauci ouchie. …
The survey notes that President Biden’s strongest supporters are most likely to endorse his COVID policies and the harshest punishments for the unvaccinated. “Among voters who have a Very Favorable impression of Biden, 51% are in favor of government putting the unvaccinated in ‘designated facilities,’ and 54% favor imposing fines or prison sentences on vaccine critics,” the authors note.
Always the same with the modern left: our way or the highway. They flaunt government power, because it is basically theirs now — they dominate the machinery of government at all levels.
With the continued radical under-performance of vaccines, and their refusal to allow therapeutics such as ivermectin, the health excuses have worn through. It is degenerating into open class warfare.