The vaccines have been disappointing. Nevertheless the UK authorities are persisting with vaccination, just as they are with decarbonisation.
By comparison, the Chicoms are intent on eradicating the virus in China. They are building vast quarantine stations to that end.
Quarantine for 5,000 overseas arrivals, Guangzhou.
The Chicom advice to the rest of the world, from China CDC director Gao Fu, re covid is:
- China will reach 85+% vax rate and can start opening up borders in early 2022.
- SARS-CoV-2 will increasingly resemble influenza in its lethality and circulation thanks to vaccination and (Gao Fu believes) attenuation; the main difference will be lack of seasonality.
- Even if we want to eliminate the virus, SARS-like annihilation is no longer an option.
- The fight with SARS-CoV-2 will be protracted. Gao Fu asks: “Is there any other option than to coexist with it?” The weapons in this fight will be increasing and improved vaccination, new treatments, and individual NPIs (masks, distancing, hand-washing). No hint of quarantine.
- NPIs (nonpharmaceutical interventions) will be dynamically introduced when risk increases, to lower the risk of breakthrough infections. Interestingly, he is concerned that his remarks will be quoted out of context by antivaxxers, opponents of opening, and opponents of “reduction to influenza”.
As usual with the Chicoms, these are all lies and misdirection. With respect to covid, we should do what they do, not what they say.
When the US Secretary of State met his Chicom counterpart in Alaska in March this year, the Chicoms appeared “so confident that the United States is in decline that they are pushing the limits and unsettling the Asian operating system.”
What would make the Chicoms so confident that the United States is in decline when they have a raft of their own problems? It would be the ‘let it rip’ attitude to covid in the United States.
There is so much mistrust, deception, and propaganda around at the moment. More than at any time since the 1930s.