2 minute highlight:
Trump fights. The winner just won’t concede.
An establishment Republican would have caved, and apologized, two weeks ago.
Full speech (46 minutes):
Sticking it “on the record”. Very real, no euphemisms. Calls a spade a spade. Considered, sombre, with the weight of the world on his shoulders. He made no wild claims. Everything he said was well backed up, as readers of this blog would know. (He previously cut Sidney Powell loose to make the wild, less supported claims.) That he could speak for twenty minutes straight, quickly detailing fraud after fraud, tells you that there were many examples of fraud.
This election was rigged. And everybody knows it.
If we don’t root out the fraud, the tremendous and horrible fraud that’s taken place in the 2020 election, we don’t have a country any more.
We will restore trust in our system of government.
The mainstream media will not have a bar of this. The narrative cannot accommodate any of this speech, so they will call it all lies if they notice it at all. The media will not fairly transmit this message from their president to the citizens.
UPDATE a few hours later, scanning the front page of some newspapers:
- The New York Times covered it in a story entitled “Trump, in Video From White House, Delivers a 46-Minute Diatribe on the ‘Rigged’ Election“. From the subhead: “It was filled with false allegations about voter fraud.” The first paragraph: “President Trump on Wednesday released a 46-minute videotaped speech that denounced a “rigged” election and was filled with lies the day after his own attorney general joined election officials across the country in attesting to his defeat.” Also: “one falsehood after another about voting irregularities in swing states, attacks on state officials and signature verifications, and false accusations against Democrats.”
- The Washington Post. Trump escalates baseless attacks on election with a 46-minute video rant. Also: The most petulant 46 minutes in American history
- The Wall Street Journal: Trump Reasserts Fraud Claims Despite Lack of Evidence. “President Trump delivered a lengthy speech from the White House on Wednesday in which he insisted that he won the election and again declined to concede to President-elect Joe Biden less than two months before Inauguration Day. The address—which wasn’t on Mr. Trump’s public schedule and which he called “maybe the most important speech I’ve ever made”—marked the latest rhetorical escalation by the president as he continues to contest the results of an election he lost.”
- The Guardian. Donald Trump releases video statement repeating baseless vote fraud claims. First para: “Facebook and Twitter have placed warnings on a 46-minute video statement released by Donald Trump on Wednesday, in which the president repeats baseless claims of voter fraud in November’s election, which he lost to Joe Biden.” In the text they have already moved on to “debunked”: “Many of Trump’s claims, including that the US election was subject to widespread “voter fraud”, have been debunked repeatedly in recent weeks.” Don’t resist: “The video was released a day after one of Georgia’s top election officials made an impassioned plea to Trump to tone down his rhetoric disputing the election results, saying the president was “inspiring people to commit potential acts of violence”.”
- The New York Post, The Australian and the Sydney Morning Herald ignored the speech.
UPDATE: Transcript here.
Oh, and under “we on the left are completely honest and above board” anyone else wondering why the president of the United States couldn’t have this speech broadcast by every news station?
Oh. They don’t think he’s telling the truth? They don’t think we should hear this?
WHO elected them? Who gave them permission to control our information stream? Who made them the bosses of our minds?
hat-tip Kat H.