How the Obamas could easily win eight more years in the White House, by Michael Walsh.
Next leader of the free world? No, the one on the left.
Here’s how it would work:
- In the next month or so, Biden would announce Michelle Obama as his running mate. With a little reverse engineering of the Obama-Biden bumper stickers of 2008 and 2012, they’re good to go.
- Michelle would immediately attract the undying worship of the national press corps. With the country still in lockdown, she can wave to Andrea Mitchell & Co. from the front door of her residences in Washington, DC ($8.1 million purchase price), Martha’s Vineyard ($11.75 million) or Chicago ($1.65 million).
- Barack Obama, who manfully supports his wife in all her endeavors, would joke about being the First Husband and cite his familiarity with the White House as a qualification.
- Nov. 3: With the black vote and the Bernie Sanders wing of the party solidly behind them, the Biden-Obama(s) team would defeat Trump in both the popular vote and the Electoral College, flipping Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona and North Carolina and winning both houses of Congress.
- January 20, 2021: Joe Biden is inaugurated as the 46th president of the United States.
- January 21: On live television, Joe and Dr. Jill Biden tearfully announce that the 78-year-old president is “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office,” and that under the 25th Amendment, he’s resigning. Michelle Obama is now president of the United States and will not only fill out Biden’s term but will retain her eligibility to run again in her own right in 2024 when she will have turned 60.
- January 22: President Obama announces her choice for vice president …
However unlikely, it’s the smart play. How could the Republicans ever counter it?
More corrupt, incompetent, slightly autocratic leadership by ideologues who are inherently against the American way and Western values? People like the Obamas are how we got into the current malaise.