AOC Mocks Electoral College, Middle Americans, by Discover the Networks. Here is the future of the US left, soon to permanently lead the US due to demographic change.
The US electoral college is racist, says AOC:
In an Instagram video posted Monday, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC) ridiculed the Electoral College and, by implication, vast swaths of Americans who don’t live in Democrat-concentrated, coastal urban zones.
“We’re coming to you live from the Electoral College,” she said in the video, with the camera panning over empty fields. “Many votes here, as you can see. Very efficient way to choose leadership of the country. I mean, I can’t think of any other way. Can you?”
In a later post, AOC added, “To all the Republicans getting big mad [because] the electoral college is, in fact, a scam” followed by an article arguing that supporters of the Electoral College are clinging to a racist system that disenfranchises “millions.” …
Socialism and luxury apartments for us! For the whole world, via open borders!
At a Bronx town hall meeting on June 3, 2019, Ocasio-Cortez asserted that all Americans should be able to live in luxury apartments managed by non-profit organizations or owned communally by the tenants, and that the government should pass legislation that designates housing as a “human right.” ..
Rendered clueless by her echo chamber:
In another campaign appearance that same month, Ocasio-Cortez expounded upon her recent calls for a “Green New Deal” designed to make the U.S. 100 percent reliant on renewable energy (wind, water, solar) by 2035. “There’s no debate as to whether we should continue producing fossil fuels,” she said. “There’s no debate. We should not. Every single scientific consensus points to that.” …
During an Instagram live video appearance on February 24, 2019, Ocasio-Cortez suggested that people might be well-advised to not have children, because of the horrors that climate change was likely to inflict upon the earth in the near future …
In April 2019, Ocasio-Cortez posted a tweet claiming that climate change was a key cause of global migration patterns: “The far-right loves to drum up fear & resistance to immigrants. But have you ever noticed they never talk about what‘s causing people to flee their homes in the first place? Perhaps that’s bc they’d be forced to confront 1 major factor fueling global migration: Climate change.”
In a January 21, 2019 interview conducted by Ta-Nehisi Coates, Ocasio-Cortez stated that the United States should pay reparations to the non-white communities that had been impacted in a negative way by President Roosevelt’s New Deal in the 1930s. …
“It’s important,” she added, “to tell the story of where we’ve been and what others are doing as well because we look at, for example, Germany, and how they’ve been able or they’re attempt to try to heal after the Holocaust. Germany paid reparations and they went through that process and they had that truth-telling process. And until America tells the truth about itself, we’re not going to heal.” …
In a series of tweets which she posted in the wake of an august 2019 mass shooting by a white supremacist in El Paso, Texas, Ocasio-Cortez wrote:
- “Supremacists are those who have been completely overcome by the disease, but supremacy—the virus—exists on a larger scale beyond just the infected. It also lays dormant.”
- “White supremacy is often subconscious and clearly, our nation has not been inoculated. WS is our nation’s original sin; the driving logic of slavery, of Native genocide, of Jim Crow, of segregation, of mass incarceration, of ‘Send Her Back’ [a reference to chant which Trump supporters had recently used in reference to Rep. Ilhan Omar, a native of Somalia]. It never went away. It was just dormant.”
- “We wish it was as simple as denouncing a white hood, a burnt cross, vile language. But we need to address where supremacy *begins,* not just where it ends.”
- “Recognizing white supremacy in ourselves—our institutions, our subconscious, our own past remarks or acts (no matter how consciously unintentional), is what makes the healing work ahead challenging.”
- “It is incredibly important that we recognize that perfectly normal, good people are capable of aiding racism & white supremacy. Recognizing that is not about pillorying people. It’s about learning to recognize *the virus* & end an oppressive system designed to hurt us *all.*”
Grim, if you are a white American. AOC is a socialist with a long list of racial grievances. She should write a book, “My Struggle.”
hat-tip Scott of the Pacific