James Damore’s Lawsuit Against Google, by Steve Sailer.
3. … Google employees who expressed views deviating from the majority view at Google on political subjects raised in the workplace and relevant to Google’s employment policies and its business, such as “diversity” hiring policies, “bias sensitivity,” or “social justice,” were/are singled out, mistreated, and systematically punished and terminated from Google, in violation of their legal rights.
4. … Google’s management goes to extreme and illegal lengths to encourage hiring managers to take protected categories such as race and/or gender into consideration as determinative hiring factors, to the detriment of Caucasian and male employees and potential employee sat Google.
5. Damore, Gudeman, and other class members were ostracized, belittled, and punished for their heterodox political views, and for the added sin of their birth circumstances of being Caucasians and/or males. This is the essence of discrimination — Google formed opinions about and then treated Plaintiffs not based on their individual merits, but rather on their membership in groups with assumed characteristics. …
7. Google employs illegal hiring quotas to fill its desired percentages of women and favored minority candidates, and openly shames managers of business units who fail to meet their quotas — in the process, openly denigrating male and Caucasian employees as less favored than others.
8. Not only was the numerical presence of women celebrated at Google solely due to their gender, but the presence of Caucasians and males was mocked with “boos”during company-wide weekly meetings. This unacceptable behavior occurred at the hands of high-level managers at Google who were responsible for hundreds, if not thousands,of hiring and firing decisions during the Class Periods.
Sounds like a Hostile Work Environment, right?
This is the company that has a near-stranglehold on online advertising and search.
This is where the current trend to “diversity” and identity politics is leading us. Google is near the cutting edge, but most western companies and government workplaces are following along in the same direction. Bias and discrimination as far as the eye can see.
Meritocracy is dead, replaced by skin color and gender. A great victory for the less competent, coming at the cost of lower performance throughout society. Welcome to a dumber, less competent world where your group identity matters above all else and discrimination reigns. Two thousand years of progress thrown into reverse.
Damore’s is a high visibility case and presumably he has the anti-discrimination laws on his side. Should be interesting to see how the political and judicial establishments handle this one.