Six Insane California Laws That Go Into Effect Monday, by Jared Sichel. California is completely controlled by the Democrats.
- The entire state will now ignore U.S. immigration law …
- The DMV [Department of Motor Vehicles] is raising vehicle registration fees: This is a minor blip in California’s war on cars …
- Employers can’t ask applicants about their salary history: Private employers … can’t ask people who want money from them silly questions like how much money they’ve made in the past or are making at their current job. It will be interesting to see the inevitable unintended consequences … But, really, it’s not the government’s business how an employer and an applicant work out any mutually beneficial agreement.
- Low-skilled workers will have a harder time finding work: … The minimum wage will increase from $10.50 an hour to $11 an hour … and … will increase each year until it hits $15 an hour in 2022. … A company is not going to pay a 20-year-old $11 an hour if he’s only bringing $9 an hour worth of value to the company. … If an applicant wants to make $9 an hour, and an employer wants to pay $9 an hour, how is it not a bad thing for the government to say that’s illegal?
- You can make up your gender on official state IDs: … Men can say they’re women, and vice-versa, on state IDs like driver’s licenses. Beginning in 2019, driver’s licenses will have three options for sex: male, female, and nonbinary.
- Schools will no longer be allowed to decide whether or not they’re “gun-free zones”: … School administrators can no longer permit employees with concealed carry permits to conceal and carry firearms on campus. Which means the only people with guns on campus will be criminals and campus police.
A warning for Australia … especially Victoria.
hat-tip Scott of the Pacific