Breaking at NYT: Communists Were Anti-American Soviet Tools, by The American Interest.
As part of its weekly essay series on the legacy of the Russian Revolution, the New York Times has earnestly broken the news to its readers that the American Communist Party wasn’t a principled and well-meaning organization but an anti-American espionage operation …
It will be interesting to read the pieces that come out 25 to 50 years too late, as the august Gray Lady awakens to other important news:
- The Muslim Brotherhood hated Western ideas of freedom.
Iran was a committed enemy of the United States.
- Cuban communists were anti-democratic thugs.
Abortion was an unspeakable tragedy that led to millions of unnecessary deaths.
- Press bias and lack of self-awareness plus elite policy failures made the Trump presidency possible.
- Social programs like Medicare were actually bankrupting the country.
- Public service unions blighted the prospects of generations of immigrants and poor people of color in American cities.
- Anti-Asian discrimination dominated college admissions offices under the guise of ‘racial justice’.
- The collapse of free speech on college campuses was abetted by cowards and time servers who betrayed fundamental American principles.
Better late than never, we suppose ….
Maybe PC isn’t so much about totally omitting or denying certain relevant truths, as just delaying them until they are no longer relevant?