Sharia for Dummies: Western Civilization is not Sharia compliant. Oh, let us count the ways. By Nonoe Darwish, the author of “Cruel and Usual Punishment; the terrifying global implications of Islamic law” and founder of Former Muslims United.
Sharia law reflects seventh century Arab culture. It is a recipe for world conquest. It includes:
- Jihad, defined as “to war against non-Muslims to establish the religion,” is the duty of every Muslim and Muslim head of state (Caliph). Muslim Caliphs who refuse jihad are in violation of Sharia and unfit to rule.
- A Caliph is exempt from being charged with serious crimes such as murder, adultery, robbery, theft, drinking and in some cases of rape.
- It is obligatory to obey the commands of the Caliph, even if he is unjust.
- A caliph must be a Muslim, a non-slave and a male.
- A Muslim who leaves Islam must be killed immediately.
- A Muslim will be forgiven for murder of: 1) an apostate 2) an adulterer 3) a highway robber. Vigilante street justice and honor killing is acceptable.
- A Muslim will not get the death penalty if he kills a non-Muslim, but will get it for killing a Muslim.
- Sharia never abolished slavery, sexual slavery and highly regulates it. A master will not be punished for killing his slave.
- Sharia dictates death by stoning, beheading, amputation of limbs, flogging even for crimes of sin such as adultery.
- Non-Muslims are not equal to Muslims under the law. They must comply to Islamic law if they are to remain safe. They are forbidden to marry Muslim women, publicly display wine or pork, recite their scriptures or openly celebrate their religious holidays or funerals. They are forbidden from building new churches or building them higher than mosques. They may not enter a mosque without permission. A non-Muslim is no longer protected if he leads a Muslim away from Islam.
- It is a crime for a non-Muslim to sell weapons to someone who will use them against Muslims. Non-Muslims cannot curse a Muslim, say anything derogatory about Allah, the Prophet, or Islam, or expose the weak points of Muslims. But Muslims can curse non-Muslims.
- A non-Muslim cannot inherit from a Muslim.
- A non-Muslim cannot rule — even over a non-Muslim minority.
- Homosexuality is punishable by death.
- There is no age limit for marriage of girls. The marriage contract can take place anytime after birth and can be consummated at age 8 or 9.
- Rebelliousness on the part of the wife nullifies the husband’s obligation to support her, gives him permission to beat her and keep her from leaving the home.
- Divorce is only in the hands of the husband and is as easy as saying: “I divorce you” and becomes effective even if the husband did not intend it.
- There is no community property between husband and wife and the husband’s property does not automatically go to the wife after his death.
- A man has the right to have up to four wives and none of them have a right to divorce him — even if he is polygamous.
- A man is allowed to have sex with slave women and women captured in battle, and if the enslaved woman is married her marriage is annulled.
- The testimony of a woman in court is half the value of a man.
- To prove rape, a woman must have 4 male witnesses.
- A Muslim woman must cover every inch of her body, which is considered “Awrah,” a sexual organ. Not all Sharia schools allow the face of a woman exposed.
- A Muslim man is forgiven if he kills his wife at the time he caught her in the act of adultery. However, the opposite is not true for women, since the man “could be married to the woman he was caught with.”
- It is obligatory for a Muslim to lie if the purpose is obligatory. That means that for the sake of abiding with Islam’s commandments, such as jihad, a Muslim is obliged to lie and should not have any feelings of guilt or shame associated with this kind of lying.
hat-tip Scott of the Pacific