Islamic Projection: Why Muslims Hate Infidels, by Raymond Ibrahim.
- Muslims regularly abduct, abuse, brainwash, and compel Christian girls to convert—and now Christians are accused of doing the exact same thing;
- Muslims regularly smuggle and stockpile weapons, including in their mosques—and now Christians are accused of doing the exact same thing;
- Muslims are constantly either trying to break away or conquer infidel nations—and now Egypt’s Christiana are accused of doing the exact same thing;
- Muslims seek to eliminate or subjugate the infidel according to the doctrine of jihad and dhimmitude—and now Christians are portrayed as seeking the exact same thing;
- Islamic violence regularly pops up on Fridays, and now Christians (or merely Westerners) are accused of targeting Islam on Sundays.
- Islamic martyrdom means killing others and oneself while waging jihad to empower Islam (see Koran 9:111)—and now Christian martyrdom, which has always meant accepting death rather than the renunciation of faith, is defined as the exact same thing. …
If civilizational projection so pervades the Muslim world, despite reality, could that also be why the people of the West — most of whom either profess Christianity or are at least influenced by its ethics and mores — cannot accept the realities of Islam: because they too project the ideals of their religious heritage — one that preaches love and tolerance for enemies — onto Muslims and Islam?
hat-tip Damon, Stephen Neil, Scott of the Pacific