Donald Trump’s Contract with the American Voter, by Donald Trump.
What follows is my 100-day action plan to Make America Great Again. It is a contract between myself and the American voter — and begins with restoring honesty and accountability, and bringing change to Washington. On the first day of my term of office, my administration will immediately pursue the following:
There follows two pages of specific policies. Odd, I heard a lot about alleged groping in the mainstream media, but not this.
Some promises that stand out as being more radical or controversial:
- Propose a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress.
- A requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated.
- I will direct the Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator.
- I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
- Cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure.
- Cancel all federal funding to sanctuary cities.
- Begin removing the more than two million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back begin removing the more than two million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back.
- Suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered “extreme vetting.
- Massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief and lifting the restrictions on American energy.
- A middle-class family with two children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from seven to three, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35% to 15%, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10% rate.
- Redirect education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. End Common Core and brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and makes two- and four-year college more affordable.
- Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.
- Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country of Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall…
If he gets even half of that done I will be very impressed.