Markets go mad on Brexit vote, by MarketWatch.
Market carnage is the only way to describe the trading action as it becomes clear the U.K. has voted to leave the European Union.
Here’s a rundown of the most significant market moves:
– The pound slumps 10% to trade at $1.3322, the lowest since 1985
– FTSE 100 futures down 8.4% at 5,760, indicated biggest loss since 2008
– Nikkei 225 index, down 7.6%, suspended for trade as circuit breakers kick in
– U.S. stock futures slump, with Dow Jones Industrial Average futures down 3.8%
– Gold rallies 4.9% to $1,324.80
– Oil tanks 5.7% to $47.24 a barrel
UPDATE: Global stock market indices are updated live here. European stock markets opening about 8% down.